Tuesday, March 8th, 2016
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. Gal 3:23-25
The world is filled with empty hearts. In their pursuit to seek true satisfaction and joy, many have turned to carnal pleasures of music, art, literature etc. Predominantly people think that if all their basic necessities are met or if they are rich and powerful, their hearts will be filled with satisfaction. However in reality, no one can truly be satisfied merely with the things of the world. We need to realize that through money, pleasures, fame, power, physical relationship or any such things of the world, no heart can be satisfied.
Why Are Hearts Empty?
- People have the tendency to fill their hearts with the things of the world rather than God. Their hearts are empty because they do not have the Word of God in it. The emptiness of the heart is the evidence that in their souls, there is no faith in God’s Righteousness to resolve the problem of their sins. Gen 1:2
- People are inclined to love darkness more than the light of Truth that God has given us. Sadly, many are unable to accept the true light of salvation into their hearts, for they are afraid that their sins will be exposed before God. In fact, God knows everyone commit sin. He wants people to come before Him as they are in their sinful selves and to be washed from their sins by believing in the Gospel of God’s Righteousness that comprises Jesus’ baptism and death. John 3:20
- People seem to believe in Jesus as their Savior but unfortunately many are not born again and filled with the Holy Spirit. This is because they are ignorant of God’s Righteousness and are not submitting to the righteousness of faith to be saved. Everyone has their own thoughts and their own way of thinking. However, to be saved from sin, we must first cast away our own thoughts and absolutely trust in the Word of God. We must believe that our Lord Jesus accepted all the sins of mankind on to His own body by being baptized by John, shed His blood and rose from the dead. Rom 10:10
How Do Empty Hearts Disappear?
- According to Gal 3:25 ‘”But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.” This simply means that once we are born again by believing in Jesus’ baptism, death and resurrection, we are no longer under the Law. As such, faith in Jesus’ righteous work cause our worries and fears to disappear immediately. Put differently, when we are born again and filled by the Spirit, all our hearts’ emptiness disappear.
- The Law is the Guidepost that leads us to the Righteousness of God. It is through the God-given Law that people come to recognize sin. We come to Jesus Christ through the Law to be saved. Once saved by grace through faith, the emptiness of the heart disappears. Our hearts are now filled with joy, peace and righteousness in the Holy Spirit.
- Gal 3:27 states “For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.” This simply means that whoever wants to become God’s child and inherit the Kingdom of Heaven must be baptized spiritually into Christ. By being baptized into Christ enables us to become believers in the righteous act of Jesus’ baptism, death and resurrection. Such faith will cause the emptiness of our hearts to disappear.
Dear friends, emptiness of hearts would only disappear with immediate effect when we have correct faith that pleases God and is approved by Him.
For previous articles, please Click Here.
To visit New Creation Blog, please Click Here.