Types & Wonders Of Anointing
Friday, September 2nd, 2016
”12 So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?” 13 Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.” Acts 2:12-13
Only those who have received perfect remission of sin by being baptized and died with Christ would receive the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the source of our anointing that enables us to do God’s work. There are different types and wonders of anointing found in the Bible.
It is an anointing of God that flows from the Holy Spirit. The anointing of the Holy Spirit is symbolically represented by either water, fire, wind, wine or the dove. When anointing begins to manifest, it can take the forms of any of these symbols mentioned below:
- Isa 10:27 – Anointing can manifest as fire to destroy burdens and
yokes of life.
- John 7:37-39 – Anointing can manifest as water and satisfy any form of thirst and also cleanse our lives.
- Acts 2:1-4 – Anointing can manifest as a mighty rushing wind to open new doors when there seems to be no way.
- 1 Sam 15:11-13 – Anointing can manifest as oil to lubricate our spiritual progress. It can take us to the next level.
- Acts 2:12-13 – Anointing can manifest as wine to bring joy, excitement and boldness.
The devil is the source of this anointing. It is an anointing that comes from all sorts of demonic spirits like anger, rage slander, lewdness etc. It causes us to manifest from our vexed spirit. Satan is the empowering agent of this unholy anointing. It produces devastating effects of suffering, fear and uncertainty.
Wonders of Anointing
There are several biblical events that depicts such wonders of anointing.
- Anointing can enable an ordinary man to do supernatural things. In Sam 17:34-37, David destroyed a lion who tried to attack him. For a young man like David to punch a lion to death is a supernatural act. He must have been filled with an anointing to do wonders at that moment.
- Anointing enables us to fulfill God’s purpose for our lives. In John 15:16 and Acts 1:8, the passages alludes that the main purpose of a person born of the water and Spirit is to win souls. It gives us boldness, ability and sufficiency to do wonders by quickening dead souls. Anointing of God is indispensable for effective evangelism.
- Anointing does not discriminate anyone. Joel 2:28-30 highlights that anointing comes upon male, female, poor, rich, young and old to accomplish God’s will. It is wonderful to know that God can use any willing and yielding vessel to fulfill His purposes.
Heb 1:9 says, “You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
This portion of Scripture encourages us that when we desire to live righteous and hate sin, God is able to pour out His anointing to serve His Righteousness.
For previous articles, please Click Here.
To visit New Creation Blog, please Click Here.