Be Diligent To Enter Rest
Thursday, July 19th, 2018
“Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.” Heb 4:11
Rest is one of the greatest gift that God gives to those who are established in the Gospel of God’s Righteousness that constitutes Jesus’ baptism, death and resurrection.
Rest is synonymous to peace that is enjoyed from a kingdom life on earth.
Christ’s rest is not a rest from work, rather a harmonious working of all the faculties and affections of a soul. It resonates through the will, emotions, reasonings, imaginations and conscience of those born again by the righteousness of faith.
God’s rest is deep and profound that involves the soul and spirit. It supersedes the rest derived when we are physically tired, sleepy or worn out from our labor. Let us examine what hinders us from entering into God’s rest, the spiritual significance of God’s rest and the benefits of entering into God’s rest.
Hindrances To Entering Into God’s Rest
- Lack of faith and knowledge in God’s Word.
- Unbelief and hardening of heart.
- Held captive by the deception of sin.
- Relying on own wisdom to handle matters.
- Worry and anxiety over uncertainties.
- Not accepting the life of grace by faith.
- Not allowing the Holy Spirit to live through us.
- Not giving glory to God in everything we do.
Spiritual Significance of God’s Rest
- It is a peaceful existence that enhances and enriches our life in all circumstances.
- It reminds about our obedience to God’s Word.
- It is a rest that calms our fears and gives a sense of stability to face the future with confidence regardless of situations.
- It is a lifestyle that enables the believer to be composed by knowing that all things works for the good of those who love God and called according to His purpose.
- It is a state of rest and tranquility knowing that no weapons formed against us shall prosper.
- It is a supernatural and divine gift that enables us to endure trials joyfully.
- It is a super glorious grace to do the impossible for the glory of God.
Benefits Of Entering Into God’s Rest.
- God’s elect are encouraged to enter into God’s rest so that their physical labors of life on earth are meaningful and rewarding even in their after life.
- God’s elect who have entered into God’s rest are filled with satisfaction and fulfilment in all things they do.
- God’s elect who have entered into God’s rest are empowered by the Holy Spirit to live for God.
- God’s elect who have entered into God’s rest will recognize that the Word of God is true and powerful.
- God’s elect who have entered into God’s rest can come boldly to the throne of grace and obtain God’s mercy and help in times of need.
- God’s elect who have entered into God’s rest will cease from weariness and struggles in life. They would be refreshed in their minds and bodies to achieve God’s vision and goals.
- God’s elect who have entered into God’s rest would find their final rest in Christ when their labors in this life ends. They enter into God’s ultimate rest.
For previous articles, please Click Here.
For older posts, please Click Here.
To visit New Creation Blog, please Click Here.