Thursday, July 27th, 2017
This is a faithful saying: For if we died with Him, We shall also live with Him. 2 Tim 2:11
It is imperative for us at NCCkl to recognize that God created man to live lives focused on Him. God’s intent from the very beginning was that we should be ‘God conscious’ not ‘self conscious.’ In fact, until Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they were so unconscious of self that they did not even consider their own nakedness. However, after their disobedience, they became fully aware of themselves and wanted to hide from God. Their focus had shifted from God to self. This is where Satan wants us to be so that he can have a field day with us.
One of the greatest blessing found in the Gospel of God’s Righteousness that comprise Jesus’ baptism, death and resurrection is the provision to have constant awareness of God’s divine presence within us by being ‘God conscious.’
Instead, ‘self-conscious’ causes one to experience grief and suffering induced by the evil one.
Let us examine some of the negative effects caused by ‘self-consciousness’ :
1. ‘Self-Consciousness’ Causes Unpleasant Relationship Issues
When we focused on self, it is easy to be offended. If we are experiencing bitterness, hurt or anger in our relationship with someone, our minds become the tool box for the evil one to create havoc. The reason we are so easily hurt or offended is that we are still alive to self. Gal 2:20 The correct way to deal with self is to shift our focus. Love and forbearance for another person will always overcome self. Our ultimate focus has to be on God and not ourselves, It is only when we are surrendered to God that we can overcome our struggles caused by ‘self-consciousness.’
2. ‘Self-Consciousness’ Causes Low Self Esteem
‘Self-consciousness’ leads one to have low self-esteem that causes self to dominate our thoughts. They become focused on what other people may think if they say or do something wrong. To protect self, they become timid, shy and introvert. This would hinder their faith and service to God.
3. ‘Self-Consciousness’ Causes Financial Issues
‘Self-consciousness’ leads to self-centeredness which is the root of all grief. Financial problems arises when we try to live above our means, attempting to fulfill self-centered desires. It is important to have right perspective. If we are miserable or unhappy over the fact that we don’t have a bigger home, a new car or a wide screen television, something is wrong.. It is not that I am against prosperity – I am not. It is our self-centeredness resulting from ‘self-consciousness’ that turn our want into a need and then that need into a crisis.
Now, let us examine some of the positive effects caused by ‘God-consciousness’ :
- ‘God-consciousness’ leads to contentment. Matt 6:33 God has already promised that our needs are met in Him and that they will be added to us as a by-product of seeking His Kingdom first.
- ‘God-consciousness’ enables us to agree with what God’s Word says about who we are and do what God’s Word says to us to do.
- ‘God-consciousness’ produces constant realization of His divine Presence.
- ‘God-consciousness’ enables us to enjoy constant fellowship and companionship.
- ‘God-consciousness’ drives out all kinds of fears because we are secured in Him.
- ‘God-consciousness’ causes us to desire to please God in a greater measure and stay away from temptation.
- ‘God-consciousness’ produces a lifestyle of overflowing
- ‘God-consciousness’ eradicates sin-consciousness.
For previous articles, please Click Here.
To visit New Creation Blog, please Click Here.