The Lord Of The Resurrection
Thursday, April 20th, 2017
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26
John 11 gives the account of the death of Lazarus as an example to explain the resurrection of the dead. The story developed here starts with three siblings who lived together, a brother named Lazarus and two sisters named Martha and Mary. It begins with Lazarus falling gravely ill and dying from it. Through this account our Lord is teaching us about the spiritual resurrection that is happening within us now and also about the bodily resurrection that is to take place at His Second Coming.
Let us glean what ‘The Lord of Resurrection’ intends to teach us through the death of Lazarus.
1. Like Lazarus, no one can be saved and sanctified for new life on his own without knowing and believing in the Word of God.
2. Like Lazarus, everyone will not simply cease to exist when we die but rather will be raised from the dead either to receive eternal life or face condemnation.
3. Like Lazarus, it is the will of God for us to die once in the flesh so that the resurrection power of God can be manifested for His glory.
4. Through the passage, we can see that our Lord was deeply saddened that people refuse to listen to His Word even though he personally had come to the earth to administer the Word of Truth.
5. Through the passage, the Lord intends to show His supernatural power to those who wants to see the glory of God.
6. True believers must always trust in the Righteousness of the Lord and rely in it until the day the life of our flesh expires. Resurrection of life cannot be attained by trying to keep the Law nor reached through human virtue or will power.
7. When Lazarus died, he was wrapped with grave clothes. When the Lord called him out, he walked out alive still wrapped and bound in these clothes. The implication here is that even if we are brought back to life through faith in our new life, unless the servants of God unwrap us, we will not be able to lead our life properly as righteous people.
8. Jesus emphasizes in the passage that He is the Resurrection of Life even now in our present life. In fact, true believers in the Righteousness of God can experience His resurrection power within us even now until we attain the spiritual body in the last days.
Dear friends, let us be reminded on this special occasion to live with hope of everlasting life and resurrection given by the Lord.
For God has given us not only salvation but also everlasting life, we will enjoy glory and splendor in Heaven.
The Lord through His thirty three years of life, taught us that we would die once and be resurrected. We should therefore stand firm in the Lord and devote ourselves even more to the work of the Lord. We must realize that our labor in the Lord will not be in vain. Blessed Resurrection Day!!
For previous articles, please Click Here.
To visit New Creation Blog, please Click Here.